Poppy Cottage No. 2 - Sleeps 4
Set just off the main street of Carleton-in-Craven, Poppy Cottage No. 2 is a lovely two-bedroomed stone cottage with wood burning stove. Although the word 'cottage' cunjurs an image of a small house, Poppy Cottage No. 2 is actually quite spacious and has been converted from 'what was' the original barn to Ivy Cottage Farm, creating a superb holiday home for families and small groups.
The cottage has held onto many of its original features with thick stone walls, whitewashed beams and has a gorgeous stone fireplace with wood-burning stove. It has a large kitchen/dining room; ground floor shower room with w.c; a bright, airy lounge with two sofas (one being the pull out sofa bed for extra sleeping). There are two first floor bedrooms; the main double bedroom has twin wooden beds (which can be arranged as a superking bed) and the single bedroom has a single bed. There is a house bathroom across the landing with a large bath and separate shower cubicle.
Poppy Cottage No. 2 has a sitting-out area to the front with picnic bench. From here you can admire the views of the hills and countryside and watch 'village life' go by. The perfect place for your morning coffee or possibly even a barbeque at the end of the day.
Parking in the adjacent forecourt for up to 2 cars. Maximum occupancy - 4/5 people.
Some may love this and some may not, but the cottage is PET FREE.
What the cottage has to offer ...
- Two first floor bedrooms - 1 double room and 1 single room - both with views of the hills and countryside.
- Gardens to the front with picnic bench, seating and barbeque.
- 2 bath/shower rooms - house bathroom and ground floor shower room - 2 toilets.
- Spacious lounge with 2 large sofas (1 being the sofa/bed) + armchair,
- Log burning stove - set in stone fireplace - pre-laid with wood and fuel for your arrival
- Dining kitchen with exposed stonework - electric oven, induction hob, dishwasher, fridge freezer.
- Microwave, toaster & coffee machine.
- Superfast WIFI throughout the cottage; for all your streaming and internet connections.
- Large flat screen TV in the lounge with freeview channels - fitted with chromecast.
- DVD player and DVD library.
- TV to bedroom one with freeview channels.
- Bath towels and hand towels provided and replenished, if required.
- Complimentary toiletries.
- Travel cot & bedding, high chair and stairgate fitted.
- Iron and Ironing board.
- Washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, cleaning materials provided.
- Kitchen hand and drying towels.
- Private parking in the forecourt for up to 2 cars.
And those little extras ...
- Fresh jug of semi-skimmed milk for your arrival
- 'Yorkshire Tea' bags, freeze-dried coffee sticks and white sugar sticks.
- Selection of breakfast cereals, stored in Kilner Jars for extra freshness.
- Selection of condiments and oils.
Prices for Poppy Cottage No. 2 - sleeps up to 4
- £108 per night - discounts given for 4+ night stays and applied on the booking page
- Prices based on 3 people sharing - extra charges apply for additional occupants
- Last minute and seasonal discounts will be shown below, when available.
- A deposit of £100 is required to secure a booking; the balance becomes due 4 weeks prior to your stay.
- Bookings made with an arrival date less than 4 weeks - require payment in full.
- Minimum stay 3 nights. Please contact me direct to book a 2-night stay if there is one showing on the calendar.
- Sorry NO pets.
- Please read all our terms and conditions before making a booking.
- Self Catering
- Internet Services
- Romantic Breaks
- Walking Holidays
- Country Retreat