Poppy Cottage No. 2
... family cottage - sleeps up to 4
Poppy Cottage No. 2 is a lovely two-bedroomed, stone cottage with wood burning stove. Although the word 'cottage' cunjurs up an image of a small house, Poppy Cottage No. 2 is actually quite spacious and has been converted from 'what was' the original barn to Ivy Cottage Farm. With a spacious dining kitchen and ground floor shower room, it offers a superb holiday home, suitable for families N.B - ALL GUESTS MUST BE FROM THE SAME HOUSEHOLD - NO GROUPS.
The cottage has held onto many of its original features with thick stone walls, whitewashed beams and has a gorgeous stone fireplace with wood-burning stove. It has a large kitchen/dining room; ground floor shower room with w.c; a bright, airy lounge with two 3-seater sofas (one being the pull out sofa bed for extra sleeping). There are two first floor bedrooms; the main double bedroom has twin beds that can be pushed together to make a superking bed and the single bedroom that has a single bed. There is a house bathroom across the landing with a large bath and a separate shower cubicle.
Poppy Cottage No. 2 has a sitting-out area to the front with a picnic bench and barbeque for some al-fresco dining. From here you can sit and watch 'village life' go by whilst enjoying your morning coffee or an evening tipple at the end of the day. The outdoor area is not completely private but it is elevated which gives it a certain amount of privacy. There is private parking in the adjacent forecourt for up to 2 cars and some may love this and some may not but the cottage is PET FREE.
MINIMUM STAY - 4 NIGHTS
Bedroom Occupancy - 3/4
What the cottage has to offer ...
- Two first floor bedrooms - 1 double room and 1 single room - both with views of the hills and countryside.
- Garden area to the front with picnic bench, seating and barbeque.
- 2 bath/shower rooms - house bathroom and ground floor shower room - 2 toilets.
- Spacious lounge with 2 large sofas - (one being the sofa/bed)
- Wood burning stove - set in a stone fireplace - pre-laid with wood and fuel.
- Fire alarms and carbon monoxide monitors. Fire safety equipment
- Dining kitchen with exposed stonework - electric oven, induction hob, dishwasher, fridge freezer.
- Microwave, toaster & coffee machine.
- Superfast WIFI throughout the cottage.
- Large flat-screen TV in the lounge with Freeview channels - fitted with chromecast.
- DVD player and DVD library.
- TV to bedroom one.
- Bath towels and hand towels provided and replenished, if required.
- Complimentary toiletries.
- Travel cot & bedding; high chair and fitted stairgate.
- Iron and Ironing board.
- Washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, cleaning materials provided.
- Kitchen hand and drying towels.
- Private parking in the forecourt for up to 2 cars.
And those little extras ...
- Fresh jug of semi-skimmed milk for your arrival
- 'Yorkshire Tea' bags, freeze-dried coffee sticks and sugar sticks.
- Selection of breakfast cereals, stored in Kilner Jars for extra freshness.
- Selection of condiments and oils.
Prices for Poppy Cottage No. 2 ....
Click 'Go' at the bottom right of the calendar to show all available dates and prices.
- Nightly rate for the cottage is shown above. Last-minute and seasonal rates are shown when available.
- All discounts and additional extras are given and applied on the booking pages.
- PAYMENT IN FULL is required with an arrival date less than 30 days away.
- A deposit of £100 will be collected to secure all other bookings. The balance to be paid 4 weeks prior to your stay.
- Please read all our terms and conditions before making a booking.
- Self Catering
- Internet Services
- Romantic Breaks
- Walking Holidays
- Country Retreat